Odin Works 9MM Billet Upper Receiver
When accuracy, perfection, and reliability matters the ODIN Works 9mm Billet Upper Receiver will give you a distinct advantage. With its sleek design No Forward Assist and low profile brass deflector its guaranteed to help you stand out in a crowd.
Faxon Gen 2 9mm AR PCC Bolt Carrier Group Glock Colt Compatible
Purpose-built for 9mm AR-15 pistol caliber carbines, Faxon Firearm’s Generation 2 PCC blow-back carriers keep the features of the well-loved first Gen BCG with modern improvements. Faxon maintains the dual COLT/GLOCK compatible geometry, user-removable weight and full-auto compatibility while adding new and welcome features. Faxon maintains a “ramped” bottom so any common trigger can be used – ideal for competitive shooters and plinkers alike.
The extractor has been upgraded from an internal “1911” style claw to an AR-15 pivoted and sprung option. For ease of disassembly, a standard firing pin cotter pin is used, and to ensure long-life, the carrier key is separate from the charging surface ensuring that the carrier stands up to any vigorous action – no sheared keys! A stronger firing pin rounds out the new changes.
BSF CARBON FIBER 9MM AR-15 BARRELS
BSF Barrels builds their 9mm Luger AR-15 carbon fiber barrels with the same care that goes into a top-quality match barrel to ensure that you’ll achieve the best possible accuracy from your AR pistol, SBR, or carbine. All BSF barrels are turned from ordnance-grade 416R stainless steel, then given a roll-wrapped, tensioned, carbon fiber sleeve. The sleeve keeps weight down while providing excellent rigidity, plus enhanced cooling.
CMC PPC 9mm AR Trigger
Each CMC Triggers AR-15 PCC 9mm Trigger is equipped with either a single-stage, straight or curved bow design that provides an incredibly crisp break with no grit or creep prior to the hammer release. The trigger is designed to provide as short of a lock time as possible, thanks to controlled hammer weight and balance provided by a rocket-wire hammer spring that ensures consistent ignition with all grades of ammunition. The CMC PCC trigger features a non-adjustable 3.5lb pull that breaks like glass. Available in both “classic” curved or CMC’s patented “signature” Flat trigger bow.
Wilson Combat Two Stage 9mm AR15 Trigger TR-TTU-9MM
The Wilson Combat 2-Stage 9mm AR Trigger, is a drop-in trigger unit that is easily user installed in any 9mm AR pattern rifle in less than 1 minute. Exclusive Wilson Combat engineering enables a durable, 3.5- 4 lb., ultra-crisp trigger pull without any fine tuning or adjustment. Reduced, positive trigger reset guarantees a quick follow up shot on target. The unique hammer geometry enhances reliable ignition with military and surplus ammunition of all types while a 1911 style half-cock notch allows the TTU to meet or exceed military specifications for drop safety.
Pre-assembled, CNC machined trigger housing contains H13 heat-treated trigger, hammer, sear and a stainless-steel spring for trouble-free installation. Bullet Proof designed and extensively tested by shooters for shooters, the new Tactical Trigger Unit has raised the bar for drop-in 9mm AR15 triggers.
MEAN ARMS ENDOMAG 9MM PMAG INSERT
The MEAN EndoMag™is a magazine insert that converts your Gen 2 or Gen 3 5.56/.223 PMAG® housing into a 9mm magazine to use with a standard AR lower and 9mm upper of your choosing with a Glock or Colt variant 9mm BCG.
QUARTER CIRCLE 10 REAR CHARGING GLOCK SMALL FRAME 9MM BUILDERS KIT
Quarter Circle 10 Rear Charging CLT9MM Builders Kit includes the “bones”- the core components for building your own Quarter Circle 10 9mm AR Carbine or Pistol.
Wilson Combat AR9 SBR 9mm AR
Wilson Combat AR9 SBR 9mm AR has been specifically designed for superior reliability and maximum accuracy, while retaining the familiar handling and controls of the AR platform. The AR9 is available with your choice of Glock or Beretta 9mm pistol magazines
VG6 EPSILON 9mm Muzzle Brake Compensator
The VG6 Epsilon 9mm employs a two-step gas redirection process to produce a soft, low-energy recoil that’s easy on your shoulder. It helps you keep the sights on the target at all times, even during rapid fire, so you can saturate the target with hits – matter how fast you shoot.
WILSON COMBAT AR-9 CARBINE MATCH GRADE BARREL
Wilson Combat AR-9 9mm AR pistol/carbine barrels are made with the same care as their legendary rifle caliber barrels. These superb barrels are perfect for your next build and have been designed to work with most legacy 9mm AR uppers. The 1-10” twist is optimized for long range accuracy and 1” groups at 50 yards are not uncommon with match grade ammunition. These barrels use a 5/8”-24 TPI threaded muzzle for enhanced accuracy and work well with our Q-Comp muzzle brake.
Why Would I Want a 9MM AR-15?
There are several key reasons to want to own a 9mm AR-15.
- Duty Sidearm Compatibility – There is a great benefit to having a long gun share the same ammunition as you duty sidearm or everyday carry weapon (ECW).
- Inexpensive 9mm Ammunition – Typically 9MM ammunition is substantially cheaper than it’s centerfire rifle equivalent.
- Reduced Penetration – 9MM ammunition can be a better choice than .223/5.56 centerfire where over penetration is a concern.
- Sound Suppression – 9MM subsonic ammunition is still a formidable round when compared to a subsonic .223/5.56 centerfire cartridge. Think about it. .223/5.56 centerfire at subsonic speeds is a subsonic .22.
- Low Recoil – 9MM in any AR format whether carbine or pistol is easier to shoot than .223/5.56 centerfire in the same gun. 9MM in any AR format is easier to shoot than the same 9mm ammunition in your Glock, Sig Sauer, Smith & Wesson M&P, Beretta or Springfield XD. Easier to shoot equates to accuracy and control. This in turn leads to more rounds on target.
- Light Weight – In most cases a 9MM AR will be lighter than the .223/5.56 centerfire AR. The barrel will be lighter because of the larger bore required for the 9MM bullet. Some of the weight might savings might be negated by the type of 9MM AR lower used. A magazine full of 32 9mm rounds is lighter than 30 rounds of .223/5.56 centerfire. They also take up a lot less space
- Fewer Parts – The 9mm AR-15 is blowback design. This is similar to most .22 semiautomatics, semiautomatic handguns and other 9MM cambered semiautomatic rifles. A 9MM AR15 does not use a rotating bolt and the gas system utilized by the .223/5.56 centerfire counterpart.
- Magazine Capacity – The standard magazines are the 32 round Colts based on the UZI SMG magazines. They hold a lot of rounds in a slim package. The Glock based 9MM AR-15 magazines can be had in many capacities with 17 and 32 being typical. It should be noted that due to local laws shooters may be limited to lower capacities like 5 round and 10 round. Both Colt and Glock magazines can be purchased in those capacities. The capacity benefit diminishes though in this case.
9MM AR-15 Technical Considerations
9MM AR-15 Lower Receiver Wear and Tear
There is a misconception that firing a centerfire pistol caliber cartridge like 9MM Parabellum with the AR-15 platform is somehow “easier on the gun”. This is completely false. The AR-15 by design is meant to use the.223/5.56 cartridges ignited and expending gasses to cycle the action. This gas system combined with the locked rotating bolt do a magnificent job of absorbing the explosive energy of the .223/5.56 cartridge. The 9MM version of the AR-15 being blow-back operation does not use the gas system. This is offset by a heavy recoil buffer. There are many pictures on the internet where poor quality inconsistent 9mm ammunition caused catastrophic failure of the weapon. USE ONLY QUALITY AMMUNITION IN YOUR FIREARMS.
9MM AR-15 History
Colt 9mm Submachine Gun R0635 aka Colt 9mm SMG
The 9mm AR15 might seem like a relatively new AR-15 variant to many newer shooters but nothing could be further from the truth. The 9mm AR15 roots date back to the early 1980’s with the Colt 9mm SMG R0635. The Colt SMG 9mm is a variation of the M-16 rifle that is blowback operated and fires from a closed bolt. It features a Safe/Semi/Full Auto Select Fire Trigger Group. The Colt 9mm SMG R0635 utilized a magwell adapter to accept UZI 9mm magazines. The UZI magazines were modified with a groove to allow the bolt to lock open after the last round.
I read elsewhere that Colt never promoted the 9mm Carbines as they didn’t want the weapons to compete with their own 5.56/.223 Remington versions. This did not prevent law enforcement agencies from adopting the Colt 9MM Carbine.
9MM AR-15 Today
Today modern shooters have made the AR-15 Modern Sporting Rifle the most popular rifle in America. Shooters also tend to never be satisfied with what they have. Once exhausted of typical AR-15 hardware upgrades we tend to look to alternative AR calibers like .22 long rifle, .308 Winchester and pistol calibers. This page is devoted to the 9mm Parabellum version of the latter.
9MM AR-15 Links
9MM AR-15 Barrels | 9MM AR-15 Bolts | 9MM AR-15 Triggers | 9MM AR-15 Magazines | 9MM AR-15 Rifles | 9MM AR-15 Buffer Parts | 9MM AR-15 Upper Receivers | 9MM AR-15 Lower Receivers | 9MM AR-15 Flash Hiders | 9MM AR-15 Sights | 9MM AR-15 Conversion Units | 9MM AR-15 Projects | 9MM AR-15 Technical Information | 9MM AR-15 Index |9MM AR-15 Triggers Info|