Magpul Sand PMAG Magazines
Magpul Sand PMAG Magazines – Magpul quietly introduced a new “Sand” color to it’s outstanding line of AR15, M4 PMAGS and PMAG LR/SR 308AR AR-10 Magazines. The Magpul Sand PMAG Magazines for AR15 and M4 platforms are in the following capacities:
- 10 rounds PMAG 10 AR/M4 GEN M3, Sand Mfr Part: MAG559SND
- 20 Rounds PMAG 20 AR/M4 GEN M3, Sand Mfr Part: MAG560SND
- 30 Rounds PMAG 30 AR/M4 Gen M3, Sand Mfr Part: MAG557SND
- 30 Rounds with Window (Maglevel) PMAG 30 AR/M4 Window Gen M3, Sand Mfr Part: MAG556SND
- 40 Rounds PMAG 40 AR/M4 GEN M3, Sand Mfr Part: MAG233SND
For the 308AR AR-10 Platforms
- 25 Rounds PMAG 25 M118 LR/SR GEN M3 Window, Sand Mfr Part: MAG577SND
- 20 Rounds PMAG 20 LR/SR GEN M3, Sand Mfr Part: MAG291SND
- 10 Rounds PMAG 10 LR/SR GEN M3, Sand Mfr Part: MAG290SND
The next-generation PMAG 30 GEN M3 is a 30-round 5.56×45 NATO (.223 Remington) polymer magazine for AR15/M4 compatible weapons. Along with expanded feature set and compatibility, the GEN M3 incorporates new material technology and manufacturing processes for enhanced strength, durability, and reliability to exceed rigorous military performance specifications.
While the GEN M3 is optimized for Colt-spec AR15/M4 platforms, modified internal and external geometry also permits operation with a range of additional weapons such as the HK® 416/MR556A1/M27 IAR, British SA-80, FN® SCAR™ MK 16/16S, and others.
Similar to the MOE PMAG, the GEN M3 features a long-life USGI-spec stainless steel spring, four-way anti-tilt follower and constant-curve internal geometry for reliable feeding, and simple tool-less disassembly to ease cleaning.
In addition, a redesigned bolt catch notch in the rear of the magazine provides increased bolt catch clearance, while an over-travel stop on the spine helps ensure the magazine will not over-insert on compatible weapons. Low profile ribs and new aggressive front and rear texture gives positive control of the GEN M3 in all environments, and a paint pen dot matrix has been added to the bottom panel of the body to allow easy marking by the end user for identification. The new, easy to disassemble flared floorplate aids extraction and handling of the magazine while providing improved drop protection, but is slightly slimmer than before for better compatibility with tight double and triple magazine pouches. An included pop-off Impact/Dust Cover can optionally be used to minimize debris intrusion and protect against potential damage to the top cartridge during storage and transit.
- Next-generation impact and crush resistant polymer construction
- Modified dimensions allow for wider compatibility with non Colt-spec platforms
- Constant-curve internal geometry for smooth feeding
- Anti-tilt, self-lubricating follower for increased reliability
- Long life USGI-spec stainless steel spring
- Over-travel insertion stop on the spine
- Ribbed gripping surface and new aggressive front and rear texture for positive magazine handling
- Paint pen dot matrix panels on the bottom of the body to allow for identification marking
- Flared floorplate aids magazine handling and disassembly yet is slim enough for use with many double and triple pouches
- Pop-off Impact/Dust Cover to minimize debris intrusion and for ammunition protection in storage and transit
Magpul Sand PMAG Magazines
MAGPUL GENERATION 3 PMAGS – Magpul in unquiet fashion is releasing a series of videos bashing USGI magazines. The standard Gen 3 magazines are available here now. The Gen 3 30 round window magazines are available for preorder
1- Feedlip Drop Test:
2- Side Impact Test:
3- Crush Test:
4- Heat/Blast Test:
5- Five Foot Condition 3 Weapon Drop Test:
6- Cold Weather Feedlip Drop Test:
7- Ballistic Puncture Test
HK SA80 AR15 MAGAZINE
As I mentioned here the HK SA80 has become my “GO TO MAGAZINE” for anything other than casual plinking. Unfortunately the HK SA80 MAGAZINES are expensive and somewhat difficult to locate at times. I decided to dedicate this page to locating the HK SA80 magazines where visitors to this site as well as myself can keep tabs on stock and pricing of the magazines.
Note: The HK SA80 also works with the MR556 and HK416
Midway USA $52.99
Impact Guns $ $53.99
Cheaper Than Dirt TBD
Botach Tactical $59.95
Please feel free to add comments and sources below.
- 30-Round Steel Magazine for use in AR15/M16/M4/ SA80 rifles.
- The HK 30-Round Steel Magazine makes “good guns perform better” and “great guns perform unbelievable.”
- Considered by users in elite U.S. military and law enforcement units as the best and most reliable M16-style magazine in the world, the new Heckler & Koch High-Reliability 30-Round Steel Magazine is designed for use in any U.S. M16/M4/AR15- style rifle, and any weapon that utilizes this NATO-standard magazine.
- The HK High-Reliability 30-Round Steel Magazine features a well executed design, select materials, special antifriction surface finish, advanced spring material, attention to production tolerances and steel magazine housing and follower.
- This magazine features a proprietary HK Maritime/Corrosion- Resistant coating.
- Heckler & Koch 5.56mm 30 Round Magazine
- Maritime Corrosion-Resistant
- Length: 7.48 inches / 190 mm
- Width: .94 inches / 20 mm
- Height: 2.56 inches / 165 mm
- Weight: .54 lb / .25 kg
- Capacity: 30-Round
- Made In Germany