Velocity AR-15 Trigger | Velocity AR Trigger
Today’s entry in the ever growing and competitive aftermarket AR Trigger field comes from Velocity Triggers of Phoenix Arizona. Velocity Triggers traces it’s origin from owner Tom Vehr. Toms experience come from 14 years at Timney Triggers. Velocity Triggers parent company Vehr Manufacturing provides triggers to Knights Armament for their rifles.
At a cost of $150 the Velocity AR Trigger is positioned to compete with the fantastic CMC Triggers as well as those of Toms previous employer Timney Triggers.
Velocity AR-15 Trigger | Velocity AR Trigger
Velocity AR Trigger
The Velocity Trigger for AR-15 rifles is a Single Stage Drop-In Trigger that provides a nice, clean & crisp trigger pull. The attractive price makes a quality AR-15 trigger achievable with any budget. Simple installation makes the process easy & quick. Available with a 3, 4 or 4.5lb trigger pull.
What is Velocity Trigger DLC Coating?
The latest innovation of Velocity Triggers is Diamond Like Carbon Coating (DLC) on the trigger which will give your Velocity Trigger the highly effective combination of a low coefficient of friction and high micro-hardness, its also a surface that will not rust and gives your trigger a deep dark black color.
Simply stated, the Diamond Like Carbon Coating (DLC) results in a greater wear resistance over the life of the trigger.
About the Velocity AR Trigger
Simply stated, The Velocity Trigger makes your AR feel like a true bolt-action sniper rifle.
The trigger group comes as a pre-assembled housing. It is designed to be installed into any AR lower receiver and drops into your gun easily. No Gunsmithing is required.
These are the steps, we at Velocity Triggers, are taking to give to you the quality you deserve to deliver the next shot as if your life depended on it:
- Every Velocity Trigger is 100% Made in America
- EDM wire technology and All Tool Steel are used to precision manufacture the trigger, hammer and disconnect
- Velocity AR-15 triggers are heat-treated to give shooters an exceptional lifetime of service
- Housing for the trigger assembly are machined from 6061T6 billet aluminum and black anodized to provide a lifetime of durability.
- The trigger is black oxide then hand polished to create the smoothness you desire from an exceptional trigger.
- The Hammer and Disconnect are treated with NP3 by Robar to provide super smooth feel shooters expect from a high quality trigger.
Important Velocity AR-15 Trigger Information
*Do not use with 9mm conversion or any other open bolt face AR-15*
IF YOU HAVE A POLYMER LOWER, we recommend putting a Velocity stainless steel shim underneath the trigger to protect the polymer lower.
TIMNEY AR15 Targa 2 STAGE TRIGGER
The new TIMNEY AR15 Targa 2 STAGE TRIGGER with a LONG first stage take-up is a self-contained, 100 percent drop-in AR15 trigger unit that is ready to install in your AR15 for an exceptionally smooth, crisp, two-stage trigger pull. No gunsmithing, no fitting or adjusting required.The pull weight is factory calibrated for a two-pound first stage and a two-pound second stage. The trigger housing is constructed of military grade, 6061 T6 alloy that is CNC machined using state-of-the-art robotics and is anodized for superior durability. The hammer is wire EDM cut from S7 tool steel, combining hardness to resist wear with superior impact resistance to withstand heavy use without chipping or breaking and is Teflon-nickel coated for lubricity. Other components are wire EDM cut from A2 tool steel, then heat treated to Rockwell 58 for long lasting, dependable service life.
The TIMNEY AR15 Targa 2 STAGE TRIGGER installs using your rifle’s original hammer/trigger pins – our proprietary design eliminates pin rotation and walkout.
Timney Triggers is dedicated to ensuring our customers a lifetime of hassle free shooting enjoyment. That is evident in the last step of the manufacturing process, when each trigger is hand assembled, tested, and calibrated for the specific rifle model it is intended for before it’s delivered to the customer’s door. Timney Triggers is proud to offer a lifetime warranty on all of their products and each trigger is proudly Made in the USA
Timney Trigger Installation Instructions
TIMNEY AR15 Targa 2 STAGE TRIGGER LONG
BUILDING AN AR15 | PRIORITIES PART 1 | AR15 TRIGGERS
In the half-dozen or so years I have been operating firearms oriented websites and forums I have noticed certain trends with shooters building and upgrading their AR15 and M4 platform weapons. Very often appearance is taking presidence over function in two key areas. These two areas are barrel quality choices and trigger selection. The barrel and trigger are two of the most important weapon parts that enable you to hit your target.
This page will be part 1 BUILDING AN AR15 – UNDERSTANDING PRIORITIES PART 1 – AR15 TRIGGERS of a 2 part series BUILDING AN AR15 – UNDERSTANDING PRIORITIES
AR 15 TRIGGERS
Unless you spent several thousands of dollars on a custom or high-end AR15 chances are your trigger was designed by an attorney to protect a firearm manufacturer. In fact one manufacturer DPMS has publicly stated that they expect you to replace your trigger and that the included trigger is merely there so you can fire the weapon when new.
The fact is you simply can not expect to get the greatest amount of accuracy out of your weapon with a factory trigger or the trigger included in a lower parts kit.
REPLACING YOUR AR15 TRIGGER SHOULD BE YOUR FIRST AND FOREMOST PRIORITY before you spend a single penny on any other part.
Now here is the downside of aftermarket triggers. You get what you pay for. However there is a law of diminishing returns. his means a $400 trigger is not necessarily twice as good as a $200 trigger. Will the most expensive trigger be better? You bet, but not every shooter needs a trigger THAT GOOD. If you can afford the best go for it you wont be disappointed. If cant buy what you can afford. DO SOMETHING.
I break the triggers down this way.
AR 15 Triggers Under $100:
- BILL SPRINGFIELD – Spend $50 and send your factory trigger to Bill Springfield for a trigger job. It’s better than nothing and he turns them around very quickly.
- ARMALITE TWO STAGE TACTICAL TRIGGER – At $97 it’s a good deal. Problem with the Armalite triggers is nobody bothers to learn how to adjust them so the triggers are often criticized. read the Armalite tech note here.
- ALG DEFENSE – This is new and unknown to me but they are getting decent reviews and priced slightly higher that the trigger job mentioned above.
AR 15 Triggers $100-$150
Got a few choices here.
- JARD TRIGGERS – I have a few AR15’s with JARD TRIGGERS. I like everything about these triggers except the installation.
- ROCK RIVER ARMS TWO STAGE TRIGGER – A lot of folks buy this trigger and are happy with it. There are those that claim the steel is soft and they don’t last. I have no personal experience but RRA cant keep these triggers on the shelf
- ARMALITE AR15 NATIONAL MATCH SET TRIGGER – See my comments above in the sub $100 section. These are great triggers with proper installation and adjustment. Read the installation Tech Note here.
AR 15 Triggers $150-$200
- CMC AR15 TRIGGER – This is probably the ugliest modular drop in trigger of the bunch. What it lacks in looks it makes up for in performance. In fact the CMC AR15 TRIGGER is one of my favorite triggers at any price for the AR15 platform.
- JP RIFLES – JP Rifles produces a very good trigger. If you order one be sure to order the speed hammer as well as they are meant to work together. JP includes a video of the installation. That is a nice touch.
- GEISSELE SSA TRIGGER – The GEISSELE SSA is I believe the least expensive of the GEISSELE TRIGGERS. It’s a good trigger at a fair price.
AR 15 Triggers $200 and up
- TIMNEY – I like the Timney a lot problem is that unless you can find it for less than $200 the CMC in the previous section is a better choice
- ATC AR GOLD – I ave no experience with the AR GOLD TRIGGER but I have a LOT of experience with the ATC SR GOLD TRIGGER for the 308 AR and AR-10 platforms. In fact the SR GOLD is my favorite trigger for the 308 platform. I would not hesitate to recommend the ATC GOLD. ATC/PACT has outstanding customer service.
- GEISSELE – By most accounts the best AR Trigger
- JEWELL AR15 TRIGGER – Unfortunately Jewell isn’t as good with AR15 triggers as they are with traditional rifle triggers. There are better choices.
- WILSON COMBAT TACTICAL TRIGGER UNIT – I have no experience with the WILSON COMBAT TTU as they are never in stock when I am looking for a trigger.
As you see above there are options for every price point. Choose what fits your budget even if it means going without a new muzzle device, pistol grip, laser, tac light, or fancy collapsable stock or some other tactical gizmo that will do nothing to inprove the accuracy of you and your weapon..
START WITH THE TRIGGER
Stay tuned for part 2 in the series BUILDING AN AR 15 – UNDERSTANDING PRIORITIES PART 2 – AR 15 BARRELS